What is a life coach?
A life coach draw from a wide range of disciplines, including: sociology, psychology, personal development, career counselling, mentoring, soul & spiritual mentoring, and numerous other types of counselling. A Life Coach applies mentoring, values assessment, behavior modification, behavior modelling, goal setting, and other strategies in assisting clients.
Unlike counselling, a life coach takes an active role in helping you uncover and confront your fears, opening yourself up to finally reach for your full potential.
It is helpful to understand though that both life coaching and therapy have the same roots.
What discipline are used in life coaching?
- psychology (e.g., behaviour assessment, counselling and healing)
- personal development coaching(e.g., personal growth and self identity)
- professional development (e.g. social awareness and leadership skills)
Below is just a partial list of the areas you and Bruno LoGreco will focus on together:
- beliefs self-assessment
- challenging belief systems
- recognizing and changing bad habits
- increase self-esteem
- skills assessment
- values inventory
- needs inventory
- breaking down self limitations
- personal development
- goal setting